Thursday, October 18, 2007

FAT Coalition

So, last winter I bought the Precision Nutrition Handbook. Never did it, but thought it was a very good approach, although a bit to serious for me. I want to get into shape, want to lose around 40 lbs and eat healthy. I want to workout at least five times a week. I find that PN is mostly for people who devote their lives exclusively to clean eating and exercise.

I love food, I love cooking, I love baking. I cannot promise that I will eat broiled chicken and spinach throughout my weight loss journey.

I joined Weight Watchers two weeks ago. The first week I gained .400....it was the week right after Thanksgiving (it's in October in Canada) and I had THREE dinner parties....the second week I lost 5.4 lbs....I am excited beyond belief...this is the first weight loss I've had in the whole year.

So, now I'm really watching what I eat. Thank God for activity points. I'm allowed 23 points a day, but since I excercise for an hour a day, I can add 9 points to that. Technically, if I wanted to see fast results, I shouldn't use my activity points, but I find that if I didn't I would really be starving...so I use them.

I guess that as time goes by, and I get used to eating less, I will use them less and less each day.

Thanks to all for letting me join FAT, I've read several of your blogs and hope to read more during the weekend...you guys are great, all that weight loss is so inspiring!

So, starting weight 187.6 (can't believe I'm actually writing this for people to see!!!!!!!!!).....after one week 182.2 my goal is to be 162 by 20 December and hopefully 145 by May 2008 or sooner.

Talk to you soon!

15 comments:

Jim McCoy said...

Welcome to the FAT coalition!! I know what you're saying about posting your weight online, but you'll get used to it, believe me. And besides, one day you'll look back at those weights, and marvel at how far you've come!

Jay said...

Welcome to the club!

Kristen said...

How tall are you?

I think WW is a great plan...especially since you're already working out. Good luck!

Melissa said...

Welcome to FAT :)

Brian said...

welcomed to the club! Good to see you've already shown some progress on your own. I hope you find this group as useful as I do!

Silvana said...

I'm 5.8.

GeneTheK said...

Wow this is exciting! I've been in F.A.T. for 3 days and I'm no the NKOTB any more. But seriously...welcome Silvana. This is a great group all around. You'll find it all here - sarcasm, wit and of course people with common goals.

Marcol said...

Welcome. Ive done both WW and Precision Nutrtion. Been successful on both. Stick with it and youll do just fine.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to FAT, Silvana!! :) You've got to do whatever works for you. I can totally understand not wanting to eat broiled chicken and spinach for the rest of your life. Honestly, who does?? :) Looks like WW is doing the trick for you. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time!!

Rob Tucker said...

The way I see it - you should be happy to put that weight down on paper, that starting weight.

It's also known as the "I'll never see that number on the scale ever again" number. Go for it!

MadMad said...

Looks like you're on your way! Good luck!

Marcol said...

So hows it coming? Havent read anything new from you lately. Hope its going well.

Rob Tucker said...

/waving

How's things going? Looking forward to reading the next blog!

Anonymous said...

How are you doing over there? :)

Rob Tucker said...

http://fatcoalition.makeforum.org/