Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Inspiration (and how to find it....or not)

I've lost my inspiration. It's gone. As fast as it came, it left. Just when I thought that hey, maybe this was my calling, this was what I've been waiting for all these years, this is exactly what I've always wanted....write a bit about food, tell a little story (for those of you who know me, you know for a fact I cannot shut-up), but now that I can't talk about food, the inspiration is gone, nothing to talk about but the weather and that I can't even talk about since the weather in Montreal is crappy.

Hey, I'm not complaining, I know I chose to come here so it's not a complaint, just a fact. Winter is way to damn cold and summer.....hummm, ten days of heat and consider yourself lucky. And don't even try talking to anybody about how nice these hot and sticky days are (compared to the freezing winter) and they'll look at you like "yeah you come from the third world alright". So, unless you're talking about the great ski season (aha), you might as well not say anything at all. You're a "guest" here after all, so what's all this complaining about? Go back to you salsa-dancing-Spanish-speaking country if you're not happy...why did you leave in the first place?

Whoa...slow down cow-girl, not complaining here, just trying to make conversation.

So, with food and the weather out of the question, what else is there for me to talk about? Let's see....food, nope, weather, nope, children, no thank you, drugs, don't use them, sex? occasionally, but don't get too excited here, that's not a subject I'm keen to share in my book. Parenting? would like to say a few things on that one, but I think I could get in trouble as it might be considered child abuse, so skip.

Rats! I'm going to have to actually listen to people's conversations to see if I can pick something up that will serve me!

People on the train...that could definitely be an interesting subject. There was this guy on the train on my way back to the burbs and he must have been electrocuted or something because I'm telling you, the guy was sound asleep and every so often he would cringe or move a part of his body as if reacting to an electrical shock.

Fashion on the train could also be a subject (it's non-existent), makes you wonder if anybody in Canada cares about about fashion or is it just the people on the train (from the burbs) that don't care? Touchy subject again? See, I told you, nothing to talk about. Inspiration, how to find it? Later gater.

3 comments:

MadMad said...

Why don't you cook something yummy from the cookbook and tell us about it - when it's made, why, your memories of it... You know... start with papas a la huancaina or something.

MadMad said...

Oye - write about your trip to Peru because I want to hear about it!

Rob Tucker said...

Hey, just got your link from Kristen. Glad to see you joining the FAT Coalition. I'll be here to cheer you on!