Sunday, July 22, 2007

Imelda Marcos



Man can't live on shoes alone now, can he? While downloading some pictures of my cakes from my digital camera onto MY laptop, I come across a gazillion pictures that my thirteen year old son has taken of his sneakers, baseball caps, jeans and hoodies...and of course, of him wearing all these clothes in poses showing of his cool and smooth persona.

He's a character my son Nicolas. He is a natural comedian. Last night I was going to the movies with my husband...I wanted to see I pronounce you Chuck and Larry and my husband wanted to see Live Free or Die Hard with Bruce Willis. Actors should have an age-limit to film those kind of movies. Firstly, I can't believe he actually convinced me to go see that movie....I guess I agreed just because I wanted to see if Willis still looked hot, and he does in a tough kind of way, but I was saddened really to see that a man his age is still filming those kind of films....he looks like Ken's dad...and Barbie's mom wasn't around.

Anyway, Nick calls me on my way to the movies and tells me he's cut his hair. When I come back from the movies I knock on is door to find that he's shaved his head completely. He asks if I like it and I say "just don't do it again" to which he replies that I'm the only one who doesn't like it because everybody told him it looks good.

The joys of motherhood. I tell you, nothing you have ever done in you entire life can be as hard as being a parent to a teenager. So mad housewife, hold on tight cuz you've still got quite a joy ride ahead of you!

Going back to Nick and the pictures I found...sneakers. He's obsessed with sneakers. He's probably got about 8 pairs, AND they have to match the XXX-LARGE t-shirts. A couple of months ago, I bought him a pair of black sneakers, and now he tells me he needs another pair....I swear he's the re-incarnation of Imelda Marcos....I have to admit, he takes after me....I'm also obsessed with shoes...and bags and clothes in general! So, in all honesty, I have no moral authority whatsoever to say anything to my poor son! And I promise you, we have no relation whatsoever with Imelda or any other Filipino for that matter!

It just amuses me to see that a boy could be such a perfectionist with style. My husband on the other hand, if I don't chose his clothes for him....I wouldn't dare to go out with him in public! For my son, it's an art....everything, although I have to admit, not my style AT ALL, he takes his time and lays out everything on top of his bed to mix and match the whole outfit. It always has to be 2 t-shirts, color perfectly combining with the sneakers and even if it's 100 degrees outside, jeans three times his size that look like he's actually "pooped" in this pants. But, God forbid I make a comment because he'll snap back at me saying that he never says anything to me about my old-lady bad ass clothes.....the nerve!!!!!!!!

Yup, we're definitely old for teenagers. But as long as I have my shoes and bags, I can walk the world, with my head up high, forgetting for a while that I have two teenagers at home and one in progress, that I have to go back to at the end of the day.

3 comments:

MadMad said...

Funny! Y que lindo! Se parece un poquito a Diego, no? But like you said, the apple isn't falling far from the tree!

MadMad said...

Oye! Estas dormida, o que? We're waiting, here...

Silvana said...

I've got writer's block! HA!